Solved

Problem using PLSQL Test in custom layer with 22R2

• 2 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We are using developer studio to create customized code for IFS Cloud 22R2 (22.2.3) and want to start using the PLSQL Test tool. However, I get two strange errors when I try. I have created a utility package and a function in that, then created the pltst file and a simple test. What happens is this:

• Compile the pltst file: OK
  • Run the test (from pltst file): Information box stating “PLTST does not contain any unit tests!”. But test results tab shows one successful test and is green. I have also checked that the tests can actually fail if I change conditions, so it seems that tests are actually running and doing their job at this point.
  • Run test again: same information box, but now test fails with error. “DROP PACKAGE C_PROD_LINE_KANBAN_MTRL_TST
      ORA-04043: object C_PROD_LINE_KANBAN_MTRL_TST does not exist”. 

The .tst file starts with

“CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE C_Prod_Line_Kanban_Mtrl_TST IS...”

So there is a difference between upper and lower case. However both the package name and the test file have been created by IFS Developer studio. All files are in the “cust” layer.

Does anybody know if this is a bug in developer studio or could it be something in our environment?

Product Version: IFS Developer Studio 22.2.9114 (Build 2022-11-15 08:07)
Java: 14.0.2; OpenJDK 64-Bit Client VM 14.0.2+12
Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 14.0.2+12
System: Windows 10 version 10.0 running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (developer_studio)

icon

Best answer by hamalk 3 January 2023, 12:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

hi @Kenneth Pettersson CGI 

Unfortunately Developer Studio tool still do NOT support unit testing capability  for customizations. Therefore  you cannot include .pltst files in to your CUST model files.

That is the reason of getting  “PLTST does not contain any unit tests!” when try to run. We will do the necessary changes in the tool inform developers when they try to add a unit test to cust layer.

Thanks for informing.

Regards

Harshini