Question

Print Agent Debugger Option Available? #GSDTECH#

• 26 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

PROBLEM:   intermittent errors with customer’s Print Agent

RECREATED IN CORE:  No.  Only occurs at customer’s site

RECREATED IN CUSTOMER’S ENVIRONMENT:  yes, but at unpredictable intervals (hence the request for additional debugging help)

BUSINESS IMPACT:  intermittent need for repeating print job requests by IFS users and associated inconvenience to users

IMPORTANCE:  2-High 

Case ID: G2225593-B 

REQUEST FROM R&D:  Is it possible to provide a “debugger version” of Print Agent to customers which might display additional information upon print job errors?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Shanaka Tennakoon, please look into this post.  I originally tried to post this back on Aug. 4th, 2021 but did it incorrectly.  Our customer has been awaiting our reply since that date.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara ,

Can we increase the debug level for app9 print agent?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Shanaka Tennakoon, please look into this post.  I originally tried to post this back on Aug. 4th, 2021 but did it incorrectly.  Our customer has been awaiting our reply since that date.

Hi @Eugene Wager 

how many logical printers mapped to this customer print agent? 

check if EXECUTION_MODE set to InParallel for BATCH2 queue in setup ifs connect window?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

The PA use the normal IFS logger, by default the logging level is debug. This is set in the ifs-logging.properties file. As in the logger, you can set this to info, error, trace or debug.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

as an example

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Shanaka,

This customer has responded with the following pieces of information to your questions, which I forwarded to them:

• Their copy of ifs-logging.properties is identical to the one you showed above
  • They have 56 printers mapped / listed in their PA config file
  • Execution mode for BATCH2 connector = InSequence

FYI,

Eugene

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Eugene Wager 

make the BATCH2  EXECUTION_MODE=InParallel and see if the issue resolved. if not this need  to be investigate further 

Best Regards,

Shanaka