Solved

POSTMAN AURENA, What is the efficient way to create or find the API REQUEST?

• 1 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

When we are working with the POSTMAN IDE, need to create REQUESTs from API.  In Aurena, we can follow the below REQUEST  structure to generate it. https://<APP_SERVER>/int/SOAPGATEWAY

Using the "API Explorer" window, we are able to get the exact API documentation. Afterward, we are able to find the REQUEST from the Doc.

In order to find the request, what I'm doing is,

1.  Finding the name of the tab.
  2. 2. Finding the Entity.
  3.  Finally using the Entity and searching it the API Doc.

Sometimes for point 2, the problem is we may have to use EntitySet rather than Entity.  For example, if we need to get a company from the companies on the list we may need to use EntitySet.

My question is, is there any other way to find the API REQUEST rather than what I'm doing?

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 1 June 2021, 17:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Following might be a better way. 

In debug console you can select API Explorer after selecting the corresponding server invoke. This loads to matching projection directly in the API Explorer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

In debug console you can select API Explorer after selecting the corresponding server invoke. This loads to matching projection directly in the API Explorer.

Hi @Rusiru Dharmadasa 

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
We can get the Projection file without any issue. The problem will occur with the rest of the REQUEST.

Consider the following,

If I want to change the value in a Communication Method selector using POSTMAN, then how can I find the rest of the REQUEST (Ignore the BODY of postman).
Eg:  https://cmbgse1915.corpnet.ifsworld.com:48080/int/ifsapplications/projection/v1/CompanyHandling.svc/<Needed Part>

Banuka.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Banuka Perera ,

I think @Rusiru Dharmadasa is correct using the debug console you’ll be able to see the rest of the request.  In my screenshot I went to a supplier and clicked on the communication method to bring it to my screen.  Below is the information from the debug window.

I can see what was used to retrieve the information.  Hopes this helps.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @william.klotz ,

Thank you for the answer.
I was checked a few more REQUESTs and it works fine for me.

Banuka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Rusiru Dharmadasa 

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
We can get the Projection file without any issue. The problem will occur with the rest of the REQUEST.

Consider the following,

If I want to change the value in a Communication Method selector using POSTMAN, then how can I find the rest of the REQUEST (Ignore the BODY of postman).
Eg:  https://cmbgse1915.corpnet.ifsworld.com:48080/int/ifsapplications/projection/v1/CompanyHandling.svc/<Needed Part>

Banuka.

Hi @Rusiru Dharmadasa 

I was able to find the answer to my problem. Thank you very much for guiding me.

Banuka.