Question

PL/SQL for Re-printing from the Archive

• 5 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have a requirement to re-print a file generated by the PDF_CREATED event.

I have all this lovely data to hand:

PRINTER_ID - <Original Printer>

PRINT_JOB_ID - 9999999

REPORT_ID - CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP

REPORT_PARAMETERS - Blah Blah

REPORT_TITLE - Invoice

REPORT_TITLE_TRANS - Blah

REPORT_VARIABLES - Blah Blah^

RESULT_KEY - 88888888

STATUS - REMOTE WORKING

LANGUAGE_CODE - blah

LAYOUT_NAME - Blah Blah.rdl

What I want to do is post the job back into the print manager queue using the relevant API calls and change the printer_id so that I can re-direct a copy to a 2nd Printer.

Anyone have an idea of the IFS PL/SQL API’s required to do this?

TIA

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Do you know how to use the debug window?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

To activate the debug window press and release the Alt key.  This will bring up the menu bar along the top.  Click on the Tools menu and select Debug Console.  This will open a new window called the Debug Console. 

Now navigate to the report you want to print to a different queue.  Execute those steps.  When you are done you should now have several entries in the Debug Console.  Clicking on the Server Invoke entries will show you want database calls are being made at each step.  This should allow you to see the information you require for the next step.

Also if this report should always print to a different printer you might be better off creating a logical printer and assigning this report to that logical printer as the default.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yeah - unfortunately Debug doesn’t reveal enough detail 

I am trying to send the report to multiple printers each time it is printed with certain set of parameters

E.g. If its a German customer, print a copy in Germany and  a copy in the UK.

It looks like an Event action is the only way to deal with this. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I believe you have to start from the beginning then to get the report in a different language.  The package that generates the report data is CUSTOMER_ORDER_CONF_RPI and the package that prints reports is Print_Job_api.