Question

Permissions Set - How to find specific RMB Option

• 2 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi - I have setup a new permission set for Travel Approval Authorisation - Amount. 

When the user lists the travel requests to authorise they can see the requests and can RMB, Approve or Reject but the Travel Request… is disabled. The user can zoom into the Request from the Request ID and can also open the request via the Travel Request Overview (RMB\Travel Request...) 

I cannot seem to find which object gives access to the Travel Request… via RMB from frmPendingAmountApproval.tblPendingAmountApproval. 

Is there any easy way to find this?

David.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I always think these are the hardest items to find for permission grants.  They should all start with dlg, so you can often find the one you are looking for by searching dlg%[portion of function] using a wild card and only a portion of the name under Presentation Object.  So in your case, I would try dlg%travel%

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @david.harmer ,

I think the presentation object you need to provide access too is Travel Requests For Amount Approval under the Travel Expense folder.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi David

Please use debug console. There are very often information about missing rights to the views or procedures.

BS

Piotr

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

In my experience, the debug console doesn’t help with finding the dialog RMB actions, because there is no error, just an absence of the ability to make the selection.  If you use the console for some who can get to the link, you don’t see the dialog object reference, rather the code/query that gets executed because of the click, so it isn’t informative in that case.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15