Question

permission set history log

• 28 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello,

is there a way to set up a history log for permission set change (grant and revoke an object or method)?

Tks

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @samuelandlopes ,

I don’t think you will be able to track method level grants through History log. Probably for the best as these are tracked through base security sys tables and can become a massive overhead if logging is setup on those. 

You would however be able track pres Object level changes against permission sets by setting up logging on PRES_OBJECT_GRANT_TAB.  Once again, be vary on the overhead if you are doing lot of changes to security.

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @samuelandlopes,

You could try out a custom event (PRES_OBJECT_GRANT_TAB) for this matter since it records old value and new value.  You can just record these values along with the session user and timestamp to a table you created.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Nadeesha Liyanage.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @samuelandlopes ,

I don’t think you will be able to track method level grants through History log. Probably for the best as these are tracked through base security sys tables and can become a massive overhead if logging is setup on those. 

You would however be able track pres Object level changes against permission sets by setting up logging on PRES_OBJECT_GRANT_TAB.  Once again, be vary on the overhead if you are doing lot of changes to security.

Cheers

Hi, Sajith, Tks 4 the info.

I’m gonna try using history log with this table.

Let you know if it works.

Br

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @samuelandlopes,

You could try out a custom event (PRES_OBJECT_GRANT_TAB) for this matter since it records old value and new value.  You can just record these values along with the session user and timestamp to a table you created.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Nadeesha Liyanage.

Hi, EntNadeel

tks 4 the idea.

Gonna try also this option.

Br