Question

Performance Issues in Apps7.5

• 23 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Our customer is experiencing a variety of issues:

1. bad performance
  2. in supplier for purchase - all relevant transaction lines are not being displayed, however, if the user clicks on refresh all the lines are then displayed
  3. when deleting operation line(s) it is taking a while before the user can continue

This issue is affecting a vast number of users.

Has anyone come across this type of issue before?  and, how did you resolve it. 

Any advice as to what could be causing this issue along with ideas for resolving the issues would be much appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Initial thoughts:

• Check and rebuild indexes if needed
  • Check the performance of the database server in general.
  • If this has slowly been getting worse over time maybe look at performing some data archiving for key tables if viable
  • Before anything else I’d suggest a simple DB instance and server restart if it hasn’t been done for a long time

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Nick

Thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated.

• Check and rebuild indexes if needed

I believe the indexes have been checked already and do not require rebuilding.

• Check the performance of the database server in general.

I believe some checks were done with regards the performance of the database, I do not have any information to hand but will prompt to double-check this.

• If this has slowly been getting worse over time maybe look at performing some data archiving for key tables if viable

First noticed post thanksgiving.  Will look into this issue

• Before anything else I’d suggest a simple DB instance and server restart if it hasn’t been done for a long time

I believe the servers have been rebooted recently - again will double check.

We have been advised that there have been no updates/changes to the servers.

Regards

John