Solved

Perform data transactions on Custom Logic Units via REST API?

• 30 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 87 replies

Hi, we have a Custom Logical Unit in our Apps 10 U9 environment and would like to be able to insert data into it from another application via a REST API call.

Is it possible to do this and expose a CLU via the REST API?

Our CLU is a “staging” table where once data is imported into it (currently via migration job from a flat file), additional processing is done (again via migration jobs).

I’d like to get rid of the flat file and data import migration jobs and just insert the data directly into the CLU via API call.

If it is, can someone point me in the direction of where to find the documentation on how to do this, if it exists?

icon

Best answer by Rifki Razick 30 April 2021, 08:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

This should be possible by configuring a new projection using Projection Configurations and attaching the custom entity (LU) to it. The new configured projection would then expose the REST API.

Please have a look at:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/045_administration_aurena/220_Configuration/300_projection_configurations/

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Please note that using the REST API for loading very large datasets may cause performance issues, so use this approach cautiously.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for the reply. I will do some testing over the coming weeks and attempt to set this up.

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can confirm this worked beautifully!