Solved

Parameter from a lobby to a page

• 14 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 15 replies

I am trying to pass a value from a column named “PART_NO” from an element. Under Element Preview, there is parameter name “PART_NO”. When I tried to pass it, it displayed “null”. I am not sure what I did wrong. Please advise.

icon

Best answer by MMcK 15 December 2022, 09:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

I cannot see your screenshots for some reason, but have you had a look here? https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/040_tailoring/250_lobby_configurations/080_navigation/#supported_navigation_parameters

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks for you reply. I have read this document before I submitted a ticket. It does not help so far. I have attached my screenshots again. Please review. Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @jgrace 

We have found that the name of the column being passed is case sensitive, so using your screenshots it should be $filter=PartNo eq $[PART_NO]

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I tried as suggested. It still would not work. Please see my screenshots. Element is a List in Lobby.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Two more screenshots - from lobby to page/SupplierForPurchaseParts/

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

When I filtered the partno manually from the page, I can see it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @jgrace

I’m sorry, but I can’t see the screenshots, only the one associated with your last message.

We have navigation to Inventory Part In Stock from a list in a lobby which is using a custom view, hence the slightly different names, but this also has a page parameter and the navigation works fine.

The navigation link is defined slightly differently to yours as shown in your earlier screenshot, with no path element and no semi-colons: 

page/InventoryPartInStock/List?$filter=PartNo eq $[Part No] and Contract eq $[Contract] and ProjectId eq $[Project Id]

We’re using 22R2 but the lobby was defined and worked in 21R2.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I got it to work now by using »

page/SupplierForPurchaseParts/List?$filter=PartNo eq $[PART_NO]

instead of

page/SupplierForPurchaseParts/List;path=xxxx;$filter=PartNo eq $[PART_NO]

Thank you very much for your help.