Solved

Order of columns in custom page

• 6 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Dear all,

when I am adding attributes = custom fields in tab attributes within a custom logical unit, the attributes are sorted alphabetically. When I add a custom page in tab custom pages and look into the page, the columns seem to be ordered chaotically. So how can I define the order of the columns in my custom page?

Any experience with that?

Thanks a lot!

Best

Mattis

icon

Best answer by VivekBhandiwad 8 March 2020, 13:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

IFSmattis,

Is it by any chance that the sequence is following the definition of the custom logic unit (so in which order you have build up your fields within the custom LU?

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @IFSmattis 

You will have to drag the columns in the order that you would need the fields displayed.  If this is a TAB, which is similar to Overview screen ( tabular in nature ) , then you have to drag and order them manually.

If is in a Form View, then you have to make the changes in the Layout ( RMB , Properties, Layout)

You will have to do the same with a base profle , in edit mode, and then save the changes, in case you want to percolate the changes to multiple users connected to the profile. 

Work Around / Trick :  In case , you have not yet deployed the custom fields, you can rename them to 100_CF_<Field Name> , 101_CF_<Field Name> , thus they will be in a natural order of display, as per your requisite display needs.  Thus just by using a Number at the beginning, you will be able to apply the order in which you want the fields displayed within that Custom LU.  Have not tried this yet, but I have used this data trick whenever I have faced the need to order the data as per users needs, but there is no separate order field within IFS.

Regards

Vivek

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

use page property and set column accordingly..