Question

Number Counter next value projection function

• 17 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello

I'm having a bit of task to try and make use of oracle sequences in IFS Cloud and stumbled upon number counters:

The solution proposed in that topic looks to be what I'm after, however I'm having trouble finding a way to specifically generate a value from a projection function. The solution detailed is very much reliant on database access, but with IFS Cloud we have to assume no DB access.

So i am looking for a projection that in essence calls ‘next_val()’ and returns the next value of the counter/sequence.

Is there one?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello

I'm having a bit of task to try and make use of oracle sequences in IFS Cloud and stumbled upon number counters:

The solution proposed in that topic looks to be what I'm after, however I'm having trouble finding a way to specifically generate a value from a projection function. The solution detailed is very much reliant on database access, but with IFS Cloud we have to assume no DB access.

So i am looking for a projection that in essence calls ‘next_val()’ and returns the next value of the counter/sequence.

Is there one?

I got the exact same requirement. Did you ever find any solution?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

No native solution i have found.

The customer requirement ended up going away but i planned either to write a custom projection to make use of the doc man number counter, or write my own solution outside of IFS and use that.

Shame really as number counter seems really close for wider use, but its missing just a bit of functionality.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

No native solution i have found.

The customer requirement ended up going away but i planned either to write a custom projection to make use of the doc man number counter, or write my own solution outside of IFS and use that.

Shame really as number counter seems really close for wider use, but its missing just a bit of functionality.

I just thought of the same this morning 😀. Created a Custom Entity with ID1 and ID2, the Next Value function and a Custom Projection on top of it. Every time you make an API call to Projection, you will get the next value. More is not required at the moment. Indeed a shame it's not a standard function in the standard number counters projection.