Solved

Notify Me - How to set a pop-up screen for rejection reasons?

• 27 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 275 replies

Hi,

I created a configured notification on Notify Me app. The notification about purchase requisition line approvals. It has a reject the action. Now, I reject a notification with a static reason value. But, I want to show a pop-up screen to select the reject reason and if possible rejection description. In the documentation, there is no info about it. How can I do that?

icon

Best answer by Rukmal Fernando 27 February 2023, 13:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

hi @hhy38,

Rejection Reason is only supported for Absence Request notifications because the additional data for the action also has to come from somewhere and be fed back into the action handler, and that adds a lot of complexity. Therefore the configured notifications only support simple actions.

That’s said, I’d also urge you to review your use case - for example, does it really need actions with further data (like a rejection reason?), and is it practical to give your user enough information to make that decision on a mobile screen? Or can you use the data to identify candidates for different actions and show different notification types where a choice between two simple actions makes sense and is a simpler user experience?

Going back to how Absence Request handles this, it shows a lot more child data like substitutions, absence limits and other employees on leave, so it ends up being rather complex in order to support that complex action.

Hope this helps!

/Rukmal

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @rukflk 

First of all, Thanks for the response. I understand you. I analyzed “Resources.resx” and “AbsenceRequestNotification.cs” files. It is complex to implement. It must be set on another code layer. By the way, I saw your nickname in the comments :) We will continue to reject with a static value. We are trying our best for user experience. Of course, like you said it should be simple.

Best regards,

Hasan.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Yes, I had a part in implementing Notify Me and configured notifications, and yes, it will be complex to build this capability 🙂

Still, I’m glad to hear you found configured notifications to be useful and I’m doubly glad that you have a way forward.

Cheers!

/Rukmal