Question

Notify Me - All configured with logins working but users not able to see PO's, holidays to approve etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We have managed to configure the TAS server and are able to send work stream notifications and messages but nothing else.

Is there any security or event configuration I have to set up to be able to use the notify me app??

I was hoping it would be just a matter of the user being able to log on and base functionality would allow them to see anything assigned to them.

Help appreciated

15 replies

Userlevel 7

We have managed to configure the TAS server and are able to send work stream notifications and messages but nothing else.

Is there any security or event configuration I have to set up to be able to use the notify me app??

I was hoping it would be just a matter of the user being able to log on and base functionality would allow them to see anything assigned to them.

Help appreciated

Is this for Aurena Notify Me? Then you have to enable some events as well.

• HOLIDAY_REQUEST_STATE_CHANGE
  • HOLIDAY_REQUEST_REMOVED
  • EXPENSE_STATE_CHANGE
  • EXPENSE_HEADER_REMOVED
  • PUR_REQ_LINE_TO_BE_AUTHORIZED
  • PURCH_REQ_LINE_FORWARDED
  • PURCH_REQ_LINE_STATE_CHG
  • PURCH_REQUISITION_REMOVED
  • POSTING_PROP_AUTH_CRE_MOD
  • POSTING_PROP_AUTH_REMOVE
Userlevel 6
Badge +11

No, this is for APPS9

I do have NOTIFY_NEXT_AUTH and other events and tasks enabled which send email when the scheduled job is run. Would have thought that would then enable the notify me app to show the invoices needed to be authorised.

Have holiday requests, PO next auth enabled too so am stumped at this point

Userlevel 7

Did you generate the role scripts from the TAS portal and then grant permissions to the user?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Potentially no! How can i find the permissions needed on the front end for the role scripts?

Looking at the SQL i ran, should i be attaching a permission set??

Userlevel 7

Potentially no! How can i find the permissions needed on the front end for the role scripts?

Looking at the SQL i ran, should i be attaching a permission set??

role_ is assigned in the declare section. When you run it you will create a new permission set called TOUCHAPP_NOTIFY_ME. Grant that to the user you are testing with. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Ah great thanks! I can see that role now, it was set to functional. I have enabled it for end user just for testing.

Do i need to enable any activities?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Userlevel 7

Nope, that should be it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Okay thanks, and i dont need to set up any event or task specifically for mobile notifications to work? I can get streams through, but even with that assigned to a test user am not getting any ability to review PO’s need to authorise :(

Userlevel 7

Okay thanks, and i dont need to set up any event or task specifically for mobile notifications to work? I can get streams through, but even with that assigned to a test user am not getting any ability to review PO’s need to authorise :(

Hmm, ok. Can you check settings and sync intervals on the app and maybe lower it to. 5 minutes to test. 

Also, try to trigger a new PO authorisation. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks for the suggestion - still having no joy. Must be something else have missed.. but not sure what!

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the suggestion - still having no joy. Must be something else have missed.. but not sure what!

Can you check if you have the “Notify User” check box selected on the Purchase Authorization Basic Data/Authorizers tab? Not sure if it applies in this case, but wouldn’t hurt to try it.

What’s your Touch App Server version? 

Unfortunately I cannot find an Apps9 environment with NotifyMe installed, so I cannot test it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

The “Notify User” option is not connected to Notify Me but can be used to see that the PO flow itself is working.

When releasing a PO that requires authorization, do the user that is Authorizer get the notification?

When that is verified, do that user get the notification in Notify Me? Can test to reinitialize also.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi

The “Notify User” option is not connected to Notify Me but can be used to see that the PO flow itself is working.

When releasing a PO that requires authorization, do the user that is Authorizer get the notification?

When that is verified, do that user get the notification in Notify Me? Can test to reinitialize also.

That's interesting!

I do have the ‘notify user’ functionality enabled in the purch auth basic screen.

However - when a PO is approved the authoriser has to wait for a standard IFS event based schedule task to run (NEXT_AUTH_PUR_ORDER) before the authoriser is notified.

Is there a way to automatically send notification to authoriser when a PO is released?

Thanks

Bruce

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

In that version of Notify Me you can’t get into the app.

For Notify Me Aurena Native, we add an event action to PUR_ORD_LINE_TO_BE_AUTHORIZED.

That could be used to send a E-MAIL or create a Streams Message if that is used.

/Tommy