No Attachment Types Enabled

• 20 January 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

Hi,

I am currently trying to build a limited permission set and during testing, it appears that I get “No Attachment Types Enabled” in the form “Human Resources\Employee Expense\Expense Sheet”.

I have tried to follow the instructions mentioned in this post:

Enable attachments in IEE windows | IFS Community

The DocReferenceObject was already added for the relevant LU:

Also made sure that the new permission set has access to the database method:

Also tried to refresh the Security/dictionary caches.

The new custom permission set has the FND_RUNTIME included. And the FND_ENDUSER permission set was NOT included due to licensing limitations.

If anyone knows that I need to do, please reply.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

K.

icon

Best answer by anmise 20 January 2021, 16:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

I have just checked in my environment, and it works for the expense header and detail with this setup in object connections….

So the only thing that look different is you have put a method name in the field.

Try updating it as above and then the usual refresh cache, log out, etc

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I have just checked in my environment, and it works for the expense header and detail with this setup in object connections….

So the only thing that look different is you have put a method name in the field.

Regards,
Antony

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, it did not work. Tried to add the entries which you’ve described.

Took refresh of all the cache types. Re-logged in to the application.

I am quite sure that if I grant all the presentation objects/database objects/activities to this new permission set, it will work.

But I want to do that for obvious reasons. I am not sure which grants I am missing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

OK, so the issue is around security for document management then, are those logical units granted in the permission set?

Userlevel 7

Hi,

Regards,
Antony

Hi,

Unfortunately, it did not work. Tried to add the entries which you’ve described.

I am quite sure that if I grant all the presentation objects/database objects/activities to this new permission set, it will work.'

But I want to do that for obvious reasons. I am not sure which grants I am missing.

Is your cursor in the Expense ID field or have you just selected a record from the selector?

Also, when you've updated the connections in accordance with the suggestion from @anbouk@anbouk RMB and refresh cache and then restart the client. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

OK, so the issue is around security for document management then, are those logical units granted in the permission set?

The permission set has a lot of database objects granted within Document Management.

Not sure which I am missing. There are so many and not so easy to understand their purposes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Regards,
Antony

Hi,

I am quite sure that if I grant all the presentation objects/database objects/activities to this new permission set, it will work.'

Is your cursor in the Expense ID field or have you just selected a record from the selector?

Also, when you've updated the connections in accordance with the suggestion from @anbouk@anbouk RMB and refresh cache and then restart the client. 

Hi, I have the cursor on different places. Clicking everywhere (including Expense ID) and it just doesn’t work.When I add the FND_ENDUSER permission set, it works, which I can’t figure out why yet. And I did update all the types of caches and restarted the client.

Userlevel 7

Hi,

Regards,
Antony

Hi,

Hi, I have the cursor on different places. Clicking everywhere (including Expense ID) and it just doesn’t work.When I add the FND_ENDUSER permission set, it works, which I can’t figure out why yet. And I did update all the types of caches and restarted the client.

Ok, then it’s probably connected objects presentation object that is missing. Why would you not have FND_ENDUSER granted?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Regards,
Antony

Hi,

Ok, then it’s probably connected objects presentation object that is missing. Why would you not have FND_ENDUSER granted?

Hi, That object was already granted:

The FND_ENDUSER permission set was excluded because we are trying to get a LTU (Limited Task User) license for the new permission set that we are creating. And it was not possible to have it included as far as I understand.

Userlevel 7

Hi,

Regards,
Antony

Hi,

The FND_ENDUSER permission set was excluded because we are trying to get a LTU (Limited Task User) license for the new permission set that we are creating. And it was not possible to have it included as far as I understand.

Last theory :) For your permission set, can you try to add Activity ObjectConnectionServices?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Regards,
Antony

Hi,

Last theory :) For your permission set, can you try to add Activity ObjectConnectionServices?

That seemed to be working! It’s not easy to work with permission set, as there are too many objects/activities and I haven’t yet found out how I can get knowledge on those, without trying and failing. :)

Thank you Anmise and everyone else who tried to help! ;)

Userlevel 7

Hi,

Regards,
Antony

Hi,

That seemed to be working! It’s not easy to work with permission set, as there are too many objects/activities and I haven’t yet found out how I can get knowledge on those, without trying and failing. :)

Thank you Anmise and everyone else who tried to help! ;)

Badge

I followed what everyone did here and still had issues but figured out what worked for me and thought I would share it here as well.

​​​​​

Thanks for everyone’s help ;-)

1. Make sure to have your “object connection” in place in “Solution Manager-> User Interface-> Object Connections”

1. Make sure and have the below grants selected in “Presentation Objects by Component-> IFS Base Functionality-> Globals for IFS Base Functionality-> Connected Objects”

1. Make sure to have the below grants selected in “Database Objects-> IFS Base Functionality-> ObjectConnection-> OBJECT_CONNECTION_SYS”.

1. What worked for me was making sure to have the below 3 grants selected in “Activities-> Document Management”.

Below is my new result of the “Attachments” section working now in the “PM Action” navigator window for a specific “end user role/permission set”.

Thanks again ;-)