Solved

New Projection - New__ not found

• 21 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello,

Our current version is Apps 10 Upd 9.

I recently created two custom projections to be able to utilize REST to load data.  One of them worked flawlessly with no extra interaction.  

The second one threw a ORA-6550 error.  Upon looking into this error I found this in the odp-default-log.log file:

com.ifsworld.fnd.common.exceptions.DatabaseException: Failed to execute the generated database statement 

…. more stacktrace not displayed …..

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06550: line 1, column 35:
PLS-00302: component 'NEW__' must be declared
ORA-06512: at "CHIE1APP.PROJECTION_CONFIG_UTIL_API", line 174
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored
ORA-06512: at "CHIE1APP.PROJECTION_CONFIG_UTIL_API", line 156
ORA-06512: at "CHIE1APP.PROJECTION_CONFIG_UTIL_API", line 179.

Investigating that API it is trying to call my logical unit _CLP.New__ method.  I have confirmed that the _CLP package is created and has the .New__ method.  There are no compile errors on the _CLP package or BODY.  On line 154 of the PROJECTION_CONFIG_UTIL_API it retrieves the base package.  If it passes what the lu_name_ is for the logical unit it should have returned the correct base package.

Since the first one is working perfectly I’m not sure what I am able to do about this.  I did try deleting the projection and creating it again but no luck.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 21 September 2021, 23:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @hansend,

Please try clearing projection and metadata caches by loading following URLs in the browser. 

Make sure to give correct values for server name, port and the projection name. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks @Charith Epitawatta for the quick reply.  

I tried the two URLs that you suggested.  The second one /clearmetadatacache returned a 404 after replacing the correct ServerName:Port.  The first one, I am going to assume did what it needed to, as I just got a blank screen.

I did try running the application even with the first one not giving me a 404 and I still got the same error.  So if the /clearmetadatacache needs to go along with that one I will need to try a different link if you see a typo in the one you gave me.

Thanks,

Derek

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @hansend,

I double checked and the URL is correct. It could be that the URL is cached in the browser with a typo. Please try logging in using an incognito/private window and then invoking the URLs again. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks for double checking that @Charith Epitawatta

I did the incognito thing and I didn’t get the 404 issue.  Now I forgot to mention that these projections are Integration projections.  So I did all the /main URLs but then just in case I did the same thing replacing all the /main with /int.  Would there be something different to be done with Integreation projections?  I’m guessing no because my first one worked with no issue, but I wanted to clarify.

After doing all that I still received the error.  Is there any type of cleanup or refresh that happens that may automatically take care of this error?  For example, if I leave it for something that may happen overnight would that maybe resolve it?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @hansend,

Have you specified the same name for both the projection and the Custom LU? If so, please try giving different names. 

It appears there’s a limitation in Odata Provider that does not allow the same name for both the projection and the LU. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

That took care of it @Charith Epitawatta , thanks!  I was using the same name.

It is funny because I actually had a thought of that yesterday because I actually made a typo in the naming of the projection that was working.  I just wanted to get this one to get working before I went and “fixed” it.  I convinced myself that it couldn’t be because I made a typo in my previous one that made it allowed to work.

Thanks again for the persistence in helping!