Question

New Print Agent logs Error : Environment variables not defined - returning

• 5 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

There is a requirement to set up a new print server for a different site of an APP75 environment.

I have followed the attached documentation to set up the print agent.

And when I start the print agent, I can see the below lines in the loges file.

JAVA_HOME is already configured in environment variables.

2023-01-05 14:54:23,877 1 DEBUG [Framework] ifs.fnd.service.ShutdownListener.start(): Reading environment variables:
2023-01-05 14:54:23,877 1 DEBUG [Framework] ifs.fnd.service.ShutdownListener.start(): IFS_SHUTDOWN_CMD=null
2023-01-05 14:54:23,877 1 DEBUG [Framework] ifs.fnd.service.ShutdownListener.start(): IFS_SHUTDOWN_PORT=null
2023-01-05 14:54:23,877 1 DEBUG [Framework] ifs.fnd.service.ShutdownListener.start(): Environment variables not defined - returning

I really appreciate your valuable suggestions and opinions to solve this.

Thank you in Advance!

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Is the JAVA_HOME variable defined in the System variables. 

example:

Badge +14

Hi @dmanuele, Thank you so much for the response and yes, JAVA_HOME is already defined.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I’m sorry. I was asking because it can be defined as a user-only defined variable and it was not clear in your description.

Did you use the PrintAgent.zip file from the IFS7.5 system you are trying to create the print agent for?

Is this print agent being created on the same server as your other print agent?

The documentation doesn’t mention it, but I have always installed the print agents using and admin user ID.

Badge +14

@dmanuele Hi Thank you for highlighting the system variable as I didn’t know that there is another way to define variables. And yes I got the zip file within the instance folder.

I’m going to set up this print agent on a new server and there are no other print agents installed on this new server.
We used the admin account for this installation.

If we need to setup servers, before installing the print agent, could you please let me know?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@MitDenukN I’m not sure what you mean by ‘setup servers’. 

Of course you need to install JAVA. Then just follow the installation instructions you have.

Badge +14

Hi @dmanuele , I have installed JAVA and updated the variables.

Other than that, are we supposed to do any other configurations, please?

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Let’s summarize.

1. You have copied the PrintAgent zip file from your IFS installation to the server onto which you want to run the print Agent
  2. You have unzipped the file.
  3. You have created the print agent by following the instructions.
  4. Have you added your printers into the ifs-printagent-config.xml

Entries should be similar to this

<PRINTER_MAPPINGS>
    <PRINTER_MAPPING>
     <LOGICAL>FLP_IT_OFFICE</LOGICAL>
     <PHYSICAL>FLP-IT-DEV1</PHYSICAL>
    </PRINTER_MAPPING>
    <PRINTER_MAPPING>
     <LOGICAL>TLL_FRONT_OFFICE_ACCOUNTING</LOGICAL>
     <PHYSICAL>TLI-PRINT-200</PHYSICAL>
    </PRINTER_MAPPING>

</PRINTER_MAPPINGS>

1. You installed the print Agent service
  2. You started the print agent service

You may need to check the ifs-printagent-service-ifm to make sure it is pointing to the correct JAVA location.

After doing all of this, are you still having problems?

$SERVICE.CMD_LINE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_271\bin\java.exe -Xrs -Xmx128m -classpath &CLASSPATH -Dfndext.configDir="." ifs.fnd.printingnode.RemotePrintingNode CONF_FILE="&HOME\ifs-printagent-config.xml"

You can also edit the ifs-logging.properties to adjust the debug level

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @MitDenukN,

Have you tried starting the Print Agent in console mode to see if you get the same error?

1. Open a command line and change directory to your Print Agent installation directory.
  2. set Java Home by running set JAVA_HOME=<PathToJavaHome>
  3. check whether the environment variable is correctly set by running echo %JAVA_HOME%
  4. run start_printagent_console.cmd. You should see the standard output in the command line itself and see whether you get the same error.

Hope this helps!