Skip to main content

Hi all.

Cloud someone help decide which filter or another solution I may apply to reduce the sync time of this entity?

Fnd$MediaLibraryItem

basically, The user just need to see the pictures of the actual work tasks and objects allowed, not the entire library.

Last week I’ve seen something like 1.502.000,00 (ms)

Using IFSAPPS10 UPD17

In terms of filter, know that the filter on this entity would include the Library ID

The attachment links are saved in the view media_library

That view contains the attachments as such:

So you can theoretically do a filter on the entity based on the Library_ID field, by doing some checks (EXIST or IN conditiono r similar) within that view, with some various logic based on the Tasks currently assigned to the mobile user. (or equipmentObjects, etc).

If by “Work Tasks Allowed”, you mean work tasks assigned to the User in Mobile, or in Pool Work, then know that the view MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_UIV already filters on the fnd user executing it, so something like that in the filter where condition should theoretically work:

library_id in (select l.library_id from media_library l where l.lu_name = 'JtTask' and l.connected_obj_ref1 in (select m.task_seq from MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_UIV m))

This should work, although I can’t test it for you because our solution doesn’t really currently use media items much :)

You’d need then add an “or” condition to the filter for the other LUs you want to retrieve media from, with different logic for each obviously

Note that you also might want to apply similar logic to the other media entities, such as Fnd$MediaItem and Fnd$MediaLibrary, if they also take a lot of time to sync

In terms of filter, know that the filter on this entity would include the Library ID

The attachment links are saved in the view media_library

That view contains the attachments as such:

So you can theoretically do a filter on the entity based on the Library_ID field, by doing some checks (EXIST or IN conditiono r similar) within that view, with some various logic based on the Tasks currently assigned to the mobile user. (or equipmentObjects, etc).

If by “Work Tasks Allowed”, you mean work tasks assigned to the User in Mobile, or in Pool Work, then know that the view MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_UIV already filters on the fnd user executing it, so something like that in the filter where condition should theoretically work:

library_id in (select l.library_id from media_library l where l.lu_name = 'JtTask' and l.connected_obj_ref1 in (select m.task_seq from MOBILE_WORK_ORDER_UIV m))

This should work, although I can’t test it for you because our solution doesn’t really currently use media items much :)

You’d need then add an “or” condition to the filter for the other LUs you want to retrieve media from, with different logic for each obviously

Note that you also might want to apply similar logic to the other media entities, such as Fnd$MediaItem and Fnd$MediaLibrary, if they also take a lot of time to sync

Hi @SimonTestard , Tks for the info and insights.

I did some tests with the filters and it’s working for the entities applied but still getting a long time to sync.

(&0.LIBRARY_ID in (select a.library_id from ifspet.media_library a, ifspet.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER m  where a.connected_obj_ref1 = to_char(m.wo_no)  and a.lu_name = 'WorkOrder') or &0.LIBRARY_ID in (select b.library_id from ifspet.media_library b, ifspet.MOBILE_WORK_ORDER mt  where b.connected_obj_ref1 = to_char(mt.task_seq)  and (b.lu_name = 'JtTask' or b.lu_name = 'JtTaskStep')))

For objetcs the user can see the media even with this limitation.

I’m doing others tests and let you know if it’ll work.

Br. 

Lopes