Skip to main content

We are currently rolling out IFS across multiple business units and so are starting to introduce multiple sites.  There are a number of users who have access to multiple sites so I am wondering whether there is a mechanism for setting a default site to a users profile so that data for other sites is filtered from view unless other sites are specifically selected during a search.  I would like to avoid having to set up saved searches for each page to filter by site.

As far as I know there isn’t, because it’s often based on how the view is coded itself.

If you take inventory part in stock for example, in Apps 10 UPD17, it’s coded this way:

Default Sites exist, but don’t do what you seem to expect they do, they are just the default site being populated when a user calls the PREPARE action on a new__ api to pre-fill fields when inserting a new record (For instance, clicking + on a new work order and having it prepopulate the site to the user’s default site).

This means that by default, any search on that view (i.e. populating) will retrieve all lines where this condition is true, meaning all lines where the site (contract) is one of the sites the user has access to.

No check done on the “default” site for access to the data, just any site the user is granted.

This mean search filters (e.g. saved searches) are therefore necessary if you want to filter on particular sites.

Hi,

You can do it on IFS.

Go to “Create User” screen and then search related users and go to “Companies & Sites” right click and “Set Default Site or Company” or If you don’t want anyone else to see it, untick it

Hi,

You can do it on IFS.

Go to “Create User” screen and then search related users and go to “Companies & Sites” right click and “Set Default Site or Company” or If you don’t want anyone else to see it, untick it

This will not do what the the requester is asking about.

Like I said, this just sets the default site for the PREPARE action in APIs such as new__ when trying to insert a new record, it does not apply any filter whatsoever to queries on pages/screens.

The requester is saying that his users HAVE access to sites, they probably need access to these sites, he’s asking whether there’s a way to make searches only return default site results but still let users search for data in other sides if they do it explicitly. Unticking (removing access to a particular site) will not let users do any sort of explicit search.

@M_Siem agree with @SimonTestard. Setting up default sites per user will not accomplish what you need. I’m afraid you cannot circumvent saved searches for this requirement.