Solved

More than 2 decimal places in custom field

• 22 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I created a custom logical unit to hold a number that I need to have 4 decimal places, but the system automatically truncates it to 2 decimal places and that is what is stored in the database.  Is there a way to increase the number of decimal places stored?  We are in 10.

icon

Best answer by sutekh137 22 December 2021, 23:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Testing one of my CLUs… The underlying data type for a numeric CLU attribute is NUMBER, which can handle something like 38 digits of accuracy. So, the data field can certainly handle more decimal places.

It looks like the “Decimal” formatting option is what causes the screen to truncate it to two decimals, and that is how it gets saved. If you leave it “Unformatted”, I am able to enter whole numbers and numbers with 12+ decimal places. I am not sure why decimal would truncate to 2, seems pretty silly. I am not sure what the “Currency” formatting truncates to.

Can you try leaving the numeric fields as “Unformatted” and see how data entry and resulting data looks?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Joe,

Thanks.  This fixed the problem.  I had tried it, but it wasn’t working.  I had forgotten to Update the Page Layout in the Custom Page window.  Your answer gave me the determination to figure out why it still wasn’t working.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Joe,

Thanks.  This fixed the problem.  I had tried it, but it wasn’t working.  I had forgotten to Update the Page Layout in the Custom Page window.  Your answer gave me the determination to figure out why it still wasn’t working.

Thanks.

Glad you figured it out! Sounds like your determination is in the right place!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman