Solved

Migrate Arabic data into custom table

• 1 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

i have a requirement to upload arabic data into a custom table. i tried doing that using standard migration job but some special characters appeared.

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 1 December 2021, 23:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @m.arif,

You can use the standard migration jobs to load data as long as you mark the character set in use as Unicode and make sure you save your data file as UTF-8 compatible type. 

Simple example below,

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks @Sajith D  , it worked . Would like to ask if there is a way to directly insert this data into custom field directly. I mean is there a way to insert data into custom field. Appreciate if you can send me an example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @m.arif ,

i don’t believe you can do this using a direct file migration. You will need to do a source migration after the data is loaded in to a container table. 

please have a look at “Migrate Custom Fields data” section in which will tell you how to do this when you have the key columns from the standard LU in your data set

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/260_data_management/050_data_migration/003_data_migration_in_custom_objects/080_custom_fields/default.htm

Cheers