Solved

Method to return User's emails

• 17 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello everyone,

Searching for a function that simply return the list of email address of users belonging to certain person Group.  

Thanks a lot

icon

Best answer by NMALKI 24 June 2021, 03:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

Is this User Group or Person Group? Kindly mention the window/page you view the mail information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

It is a person group. My understanding is that first  I need  a function that return the list of persons belonging to a special person group , still struggling to find it!!!Then use maybe get mail function to return the email of each person.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@NMALKI 

I’m not sure whether there exists such function but below SELECT statement might be useful.

select Pers_Comms_API.Get_E_Mail(person_id), t.*

from PERSON_GROUP_ASSIGNMENT_TAB t

where group_id = <the group id you want to query>

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks but unfortunately I need a function because I am trying to add a Custom Attribute into a Custom Event and it doesn’t accept Select Statement. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear @NMALKI , 

I have checked the APP10 core environment and found there is a window called “Person Access Group” and the line level is connected to the Person_Group_Assignment_Tab. I hope this is what you mentioned.

But when consider your requirment to get all the person Id for a specific group through a function, it is not possible in core functions. I have checked the Get methods and there is no get method defined to return a set of records. 

So only possble way to do that by using sql statement like below,

select person_id from person_group_assignment_tab t WHERE t.group_id= ‘groud_id’;

orelse, request a customization to implement new method as per your requirment. 

Best Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Thirunavukkarasu Kapilan Thanks for your reply.

It is kind of surprising to hear that such a simple function is not available  now in IFS. 

Without a function I am unable to use a custom Event to notify Users that approval is needed in a certain stage in Business Opportunity ...

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear @NMALKI

Yes!!! I can understand you frustration on this and as I know there are not much functions to return a record set in core environment and most of the functions are designed to return specific data by passing primary key/s. 

Customization could be the only way of achieving this kind of request.  Apologies for that. 

Best Reagrds,

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

just an update, I end up writing the custom event in embedded SQL to be able to access the table because I couldn’t find a function