Question

Method to By Pass the search window when using saved search with advance query parameters

• 23 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

When a user opens the search window on the Expense Analysis window and created a saved search on “Organization Code”, this will be available under the screen in the  as follows and this saved search can be used afterwards

If a user search this directly in search window by pressing F3 , it will open the  “Advanced Query Parameters” popup window once the search button is pressed.

If a user tried the search using the saved search highlighted earlier, the user will be direct again to the search window. Therefore the user will have to press the search button again to go to “Advanced Query Parameters” popup. 

Could you please let me know whether there is any method to bypass the navigation into search window and directly navigate to the “Advanced Query Parameters” popup when the saved search is used. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Your intention works on other windows (I’ve tried similar searches other places), but I don’t think it will work on this view because there is a Default Where condition on the view that has to run first before additional searches can be run:

COMPANY_ID = NVL(:i_hWndFrame.tbwExpenseHead.sCompany, &AO.user_access_api.is_user_company_id(COMPANY_ID))  and   account_date >= :i_hWndFrame.tbwExpenseHeaderSum.dfdtFromDate and  account_date <= :i_hWndFrame.tbwExpenseHeaderSum.dfdtToDate

I tried embedding that additional WHERE statement with the saved search, but it seems that it is always going to need to run and determine the user company and dates first.

Try the search version on another view without a default WHERE clause (I used coordinator groups) and I think you’ll find it behaves as you want with the search.