Question

Mailing suppliers - payment advice

• 10 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

I would need your help as I don’t know what IFS screen I have to reach.

We have a custom report that we defined on :
ifswin:Ifs.Application.ManageReportDefinitions.ReportDefinitionDetail?action=get&key1=UNIFORM_PAYMENT_ADVICE_REP

This report is generated to send an email to suppliers with the report sent at attachment file, but I can’t find how the send is done. We have an error in which we send an email with a total amount of 0, and we need to prevent that.

Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I think I found the screen :

Why does the condition doesn’t work? or maybe it doesn’t work when PAYMENT_AMOUNT = NULL ?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @romsar 

If you need to send payment advice to suppliers then i would recommend you reading this post

ACH remittance for supplier | IFS Community

Here @Eranda explained how to do it very clearly.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

thanks @gumabs but the link isn’t helpful, I’m not seeking how to automatically send a payment advice on IFS, but to edit the condition that I shared on my screenshot to prevent to send an empty mail to a supplier, but I’m not familiar with the report rule screen.

For that, I either need to calculate the right total amount or to know the number of payments.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@romsar I also dealt with this in the past and found out that when the value is null, the report rule was never executed.

What I would suggest is the following:

• create a custom field and set the value to 0 when the PAYMENT_AMOUNT is null→ C_PAYMENT_AMOUNT → NVL(PAYMENT_AMOUNT, 0)
  • Then use the C_PAYMENT_AMOUNT field in your condition

This way you will ensure that the field will never be null, and thus the condition will be evaluated every time the report is printed

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I think I found it :

Expression 1 :
select NVL(sum(payment_amount), 0)
from UNIFORM_PAYMENT_ADVICE_REP
where result_key=[#ResultKey]

Operator: <>

Expression 2 : 0

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello @Marcel.Ausan 

When I posted my message, I didn’t refresh the page, so I couldn’t see your response.

I had a look at the querry to create the form, and we don’t use C_PAYMENT_AMOUNT, but UNIFORM_PAYMENT_ADVICE_REP + SUPPLIER_INFO_GENERAL + LEDGER_TRANSACTION_SU_QRY + MAN_SUPP_INVOICE + PAYMENT_PER_CURRENCY_SU_QRY

So, about the request that I posted, should that be fine? as I use the RESULT_KEY to find the total amount of the payment