Solved

Lobby Element Navigation passing 2 parameters

• 23 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

We are on IFS 9 and we have build an IAL that compiles info related to projects.

I am trying to link 2 lobbies based on 2 parameters and only one parameter is passed so far.

This is the Master Lobby with Project ID as paramenter

This is a chart element showing 3 types of hours per resource group at project level.

This is the definition of the data source of this element

icon

Best answer by anmise 23 October 2020, 13:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi,

We are on IFS 9 and we have build an IAL that compiles info related to projects.

I am trying to link 2 lobbies based on 2 parameters and only one parameter is passed so far.

This is the Master Lobby with Project ID as paramenter

This is a chart element showing 3 types of hours per resource group at project level.

This is the definition of the data source of this element

You want to pass the value in the Project Id parameter to another lobby, or you want the chart filtered based on two parameters?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Not sure if all the description of my case is showing fully in this portal. 

I want the chart in the child-lobby to be filtered by 2 parameters, Project_ID and Resource_ID, which are available in the master-lobby.

Please see attached document

Many thanks

Miguel

Userlevel 7

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Not sure if all the description of my case is showing fully in this portal. 

I want the chart in the child-lobby to be filtered by 2 parameters, Project_ID and Resource_ID, which are available in the master-lobby.

Many thanks

Miguel

Just add project ID to the link in URL Address:

ifswin:Ifs.Fnd.CompositePageRenderer.PageContainer?page_id=LOBBY_ID&&RESOURCE_ID=$RESOURCE_ID$&&PROJECT_ID=$PROJECT_ID$

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Brilliant !! … much appreciated

that syntax is very peculiar, I have to say I am not a programmer but I can find my way around. Is there any simple reference material that you could share related to the syntax that you just shared in this case?

Many thanks

Miguel

Userlevel 7

Hi,

Brilliant !! … much appreciated

that syntax is very peculiar, I have to say I am not a programmer but I can find my way around. Is there any simple reference material that you could share related to the syntax that you just shared in this case?

Many thanks

Miguel

Glad it worked. I don’t know of any detailed doco describing the syntax unfortunately, but that is pretty much all you need to know. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Many thanks

Miguel

Just add project ID to the link in URL Address:

ifswin:Ifs.Fnd.CompositePageRenderer.PageContainer?page_id=LOBBY_ID&&RESOURCE_ID=$RESOURCE_ID$&&PROJECT_ID=$PROJECT_ID$

Excellent prompt support on this questions about Lobby syntax. It was a straight solution that was very much appreciated.