Solved

Lobby Data Source Designer with IAL - Unable to add columns

• 7 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi Community,

I’m having trouble with creating a Lobby Data Source based in SQL in IFS 10 and I feel that I have tried everything without being able to figure out why this fails.

To get the data I wanted for the data source I have created this IAL:

SELECT
SL.SHIPMENT_ID,
SL.SHIPMENT_LINE_NO,
SL.INVENTORY_PART_NO,
SL.OBJKEY,
SL.OBJVERSION,
SL.OBJID,
SL.CF$_MAN_PICK_STEPS_DB,
SL.CF$_MAN_PICK_STEPS,
SL.CF$_MAN_PICK_STEPS_PICKED_DB,
S.CONTRACT,
S.PLANNED_SHIP_DATE,
S.OBJSTATE
FROM &AO..SHIPMENT_LINE_CFV SL
INNER JOIN &AO..SHIPMENT S ON S.SHIPMENT_ID = SL.shipment_id
WHERE 1=1
AND S.Contract = '70'
AND S.OBJSTATE = 'Preliminary'
AND SL.CF$_MAN_PICK_STEPS_DB in ('1', '2')

When using this IAL view in the Data Source Designer I am successful in getting the data i want by using the “preview” button:

Image shows the preview is successful if no columns is added

However as soon as I add the column names I want, the preview is unable to fetch any data and has to be stopped manually as it will just timeout eventually.

Image shows the query is stuck loading

I need to add the columns or else it is not possible to use this data source in an lobby element later on.

Select statement from debugger looks ok:

I have also tried the exact same by creating this IAL as an Information Source, but i get the same behavior unfortunately.

I suspect this could be related to me using the SHIPMENT_LINE_CFV view, but I have seen other posts in the community where people are successful using _CFV views.

Any ideas?

Best Regards
Joakim

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 7 July 2023, 15:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @joalea,

Do you get this issue when adding any column or just for SHIPMENT_ID?

In the underlying table, SHIPMENT_ID column type is NUMBER and you have defined it in the Lobby datasource as Text. Please try correcting that.

Please also try removing the alias and see if the result is the same.

Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Hi @joalea,

Do you get this issue when adding any column or just for SHIPMENT_ID?

In the underlying table, SHIPMENT_ID column type is NUMBER and you have defined it in the Lobby datasource as Text. Please try correcting that.

Please also try removing the alias and see if the result is the same.

Hope this helps!

Hi Charith,

I have probably spent 2 days trying to figure this out on my own and selecting the correct type was the answer..

Thank you so much!

Badge

I couldn’t find my IAL in Datasource Designer. Should we somehow publish them like in Query Designer. I’m testing in 23R1 SU4.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have also discovered the same problem. With 21R1 it worked if you put "ifsinfo." in prefix of the viewname. With 23R1 it does not work for me.