Question

Links do not open in IFS

• 21 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

Hoping for some help with an issue one of our users is experiencing. 

He’s sending a link to a change order by email, the recipient can open the link correctly but when he tries to open it himself (from sent items), Chrome downloads Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application and not IFS. He also has this problem when receiving files from colleagues. 

k.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @karhan 

which IFS do you use?

Maybe you haven’t installed the add ons:

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If the application is just dowloading and is not started automatically, maybe the setup of add-ons is missing for that user? Can it be so that the msi file and/or Chrome extension is not installed?

Badge +1

Hi,

thanks for your swift replies. We are using IFS Enterprise Explorer. I will ask him to install those two add-ons in case he hasn’t done it before.  I am wondering would IFS start at all if the add-ons were not installed? 

k.

Badge +1

Thanks again, the add-ons did the trick :-)

k.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi,

thanks for your swift replies. We are using IFS Enterprise Explorer. I will ask him to install those two add-ons in case he hasn’t done it before.  I am wondering would IFS start at all if the add-ons were not installed? 

k.

You can start IFS without them. But the add ons are also necessary. Inform all your colleagues  to use them.