Solved

Is there support for IFS message objects in the Java server framework similar to cMessage in C# ?

• 14 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Trying to find if there is a class for IFS message objects in the Java server framework so that I could send in a message string to a PLSQL method. If not will have to use FndAttribute and change the PLSQL method to use a attribute string, which is not very neat. The C# framework has the cMessage, so would expect something similar in Java, 

icon

Best answer by suneth 15 November 2022, 08:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Trying to find if there is a class for IFS message objects in the Java server framework so that I could send in a message string to a PLSQL method. If not will have to use FndAttribute and change the PLSQL method to use a attribute string, which is not very neat. The C# framework has the cMessage, so would expect something similar in Java, 

Hi @Rohan Ariyratne 

I’m not sure what you really meant by IFS message object, but if you need to pass the inbound payload in the application message to a PL/SQL method, then you can use the PL/SQL method type routing address

How to develop the PL/SQL method: PL/SQL Methods (ifs.com)

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, but what I was looking is to build a IFS Message_SYS type message string. You can do this in PLSQL using the Message_SYS API and in C# using the cMessage class, but there does not look to be a library the the JSF. There is the FndAttribute class in JSF that allows you to build a attr string that can be parsed in PLSQL using the Client_SYS methods. I was hoping there would be a similar class for Message_SYS related messages.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

You can use Message class in ifs.fnd.util package. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Suneth,

Thanks very much. This is what I wanted.

Rohan