Question

Is there an option to set the default version for a BPA?

• 7 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

For a new BPA workflow, we automatically get version_1 proposed. It makes sense to create version_2 as cloned version. However the sorting is not of the happy type as we come across the version_10 in the list of available versions (list will show: version_9, version_8, …, version_2, version_10, version_1).

Is there a way to change the new version_1 default value to set to A01 or something that will sort the versions better?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

There’s no possibility to change the default value of a version as for now. Wouold it be helpful if it’s sorted by default from the created date, with last created one on top? Or is it the last modified one which is preferred to be on top?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Lahirumala de Mel Another sorting method will not help, although last modified date at the top makes most sense. As per newer versions of IFS I learned that it is possible to remove versions. I will try to get the consultants that work with BPA to set up there versions to be something like A01, A02 etc, this will give them 99 (or if moving over to A99, B00, B01 version numbering a max of 26*99 versions. I do hope that we never encounter such a huge number).

For me: leave sorting as it is.