Question

Is it possible to change the setup of a standard drop down list to be able to select multiple values from it?

• 9 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

Is it possible to change the setup of a standard drop down list to be able to select multiple values from it?

The example I have is for an Health and Safety process: Incident Management, in IFS Cloud 22R2

When investigating an incident, it is possible to enter a Basic Cause for it in IFS.

However, it is quite often that there are multiple causes to one incident.

So the idea would be to “transform” the standard field “Basic Causes” so it could hold multiple selection.

But is that technically possible ?

a CRIM via Page Designer ?

Kind regards,

Lénaïc

1 reply

Badge +1

Hi - I’m struggling with the functionality too.

I have 2 points

1. Cause analysis needs to be as open as possible as all incidents are different and have many different causes and variations. The impact of having drop-down options only, means that investigators are limited in their analysis to pre-set causes only. This does not encourage a proper thought process around the reasons why incidents occur.
  2. I’d like to see an IFS cause analysis page that helps investigators through the investigation thought process so that they make the link from incident to immediate causes to pre-conditions to latent failures. From the latent failures come the investigation findings and from there recommendations and actions. As causes analysis is the most important part of an investigation, it’s worth getting this right.