Question

Inventory Part Usage Tracing Not Loading

• 1 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 64 replies

We are currently on apps 10 upd 18 Aurena and in the middle of a cloud upgrade. We’ve noticed in apps 10 that the Inventory Part Usage Tracing page doesn’t load when you click it from the navigator. It’s like there’s no URL under the page.

I can RMB on Inventory Transaction History and see “Open link in new tab”

When I RMB on Inventory Part Usage Tracing in the navigator it shows me the menu that looks like I’m not clicked on a link. Does anyone else have this issue?

​​​​

Eventually after clicking it (~10 mins of waiting) it will load but there is no indication on the screen that it’s loading.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Anna I checked in an internal instance on Update 15 and can confirm that the RMB behavior is the same.  For the two tracing pages, Open Link is not available.  If I look at what’s happening when I open the Inventory Part Usage Tracing, I can see that the Tree for the first part appearing on the Selector is being generated.  For me it’s fast, but that may be for a variety of reasons, including the Update version difference.

To trouble-shoot, I would enable the Debug Log Window, then click on the Inventory Part Usage Tracing link in the Navigator.  That should shed some light on what’s happening and how long it’s actually taking.  This should also help to identify if the issue is more of a web page rendering thing than an actual “generate the data” thing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Tracy Norwillo, That was a very good suggestion. When I click it with the debug open nothing is logging in the debug console. Maybe this is an IFS ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Anna  Is it completely blank for everywhere in IFS or only the Inventory Part Usage Tracing? 

If your Debug Console is completely blank everywhere, ensure that you are working under a permission set with the DEBUGGER system privilege and have clicked all of the Filters in the console so they are checked.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Tracy Norwillo, it is not blank everywhere. I have debugger enabled on my permission set. This is just me clicking on Inventory Transactions History but it’s blank when I click on Inventory Part Usage Tracing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I suppose it may be ticket time, but if you’re in the middle of a Cloud upgrade, how long do you need to live with an Apps 10 Aurena issue?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Tracy,
We are planning a cloud go live this year so at the moment, we’re investigating the Aurena apps 10 agent to make sure that everything we do in IEE will be doable in Aurena. I’m gonna throw a ticket to see if they have any insight into this issue. Hopefully you’re right that it’s a version difference.