Solved

installed components not equal solutionset.yaml

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 10 replies

Hi! 

Version of IFS Cloud 22R2.

A fresh installed remote deployment has all components installed and active.

But used Solutionset.yaml has many components in False state.

Is it normal behavior?

Because we’r having a lot of errors in SU updation process. 

I attached a ERROR_install log file. It was generated while we try to update from 22.2.3 to 22.2.4. 

Maybe this two problems related?

icon

Best answer by aNm 4 June 2023, 20:56

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @aNm ,

In IFS Cloud we have all components installed, but that does not mean all components are ACTIVE for you. Activation and deactivation of components depends on the content of solution set file. You can work with in the components which are in ACTIVE state in solution set and disabled component are not available to use. 

Also make sure dynamic component dependency is properly set in deploy.ini file, and the correct set of components are enabled in solution set file. Refer to following techdoc pages for more details.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/060_development/050_development_tools/002_developer_studio/030_reference/900_solution_set/#code_generation

1.https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/020_lifecycle/070_self_service_options/020_updating_sol/

2.https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/070_remote_deploy/030_patching_system/100_solution_set/#installer_handling_of_solutionsetyaml_for_middle_tier

And the community post: 

Hope above information will be useful to resolve the issue. 

Thanks

Harshini 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

It seems that I did not fully explain the situation correctly.

We have ALL components in Active state. Even those that are listed as False in the solutionset file.

And can be this issue related to update errors?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

What do you mean ALL components in ACTIVE state? where? In Module_Tab?

Now in Cloud we install all components irrespective of the content of solution set. 

/Harshini

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

What do you mean ALL components in ACTIVE state? where? In Module_Tab?

Now in Cloud we install all components irrespective of the content of solution set. 

/Harshini

Hi!

I mean that all 233 components in “Solution Manager>System Information and Utilities>Installed Components” are in ACTIVE state. This can be seen from the attached screenshot in first post. There is a filter by state Active=NO and no data below.

In my solutionset.yaml file, 159 components are set to False.

I checked Module_tab in DB and I have all modules ACTIVE=true

Is it normal?

Solutionset.yaml file placed in C:\ifsremote\ifsroot\deliveries\build-home\ifsinstaller

The installer log telling me:

INFO: Remote solution solution set file found and is added C:\ifsremote\ifsroot\deliveries\build-home\ifsinstaller\solutionset.yaml

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

In my solutionset.yaml file, 159 components are set to False.

I checked Module_tab in DB and I have all modules ACTIVE=true

Is it normal?

This is NOT NORMAL.

Usually in Module_tab it lists down both ACTIVE and Deactivated components, All components do not set to ACTIVE state. Seems like there is an issue in the build and deployment. Pls refer to attached screenshot. this is how it should be and the content of the solution set file has to be taken into consideration.  You will be able to get more information about solution set and deployment from this link.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/070_remote_deploy/030_patching_system/100_solution_set/#installer_handling_of_solutionsetyaml_for_middle_tier

Hope this information will be useful. 

/Harshini

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Is there any possibility to reconfigurate components statement without fully reinstallation?

Because it seems that even completely reinstalling the environment does not solve the problem. I have installed 3 environments, and on each of them this problem occurs.

As I mantioned before, installer founds file and attached it:

INFO: Remote solution solution set file found and is added C:\ifsremote\ifsroot\deliveries\build-home\ifsinstaller\solutionset.yaml

Thank you for your participation!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/070_remote_deploy/030_patching_system/100_solution_set/#installer_handling_of_solutionsetyaml_for_middle_tier

As mentioned in this page:

you can update the solution set file and trigger a delivery build: 

Adding or modifying a solution set must be done as a delivery. Such delivery might only contain the solutionset.yaml file as input, but it will generate an install.tem for redeploy of all clients and projections.

Can u trigger a delivery build and see? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@aNm were you able to solve the issue, if so please mark as answered then this information will help to someone else as well. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

As mentioned in this page:

you can update the solution set file and trigger a delivery build: 

Adding or modifying a solution set must be done as a delivery. Such delivery might only contain the solutionset.yaml file as input, but it will generate an install.tem for redeploy of all clients and projections.

Can u trigger a delivery build and see? 

Unfortunately, it did not help. 

@aNm were you able to solve the issue, if so please mark as answered then this information will help to someone else as well. 

Of course. I will share the solution if I find it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
It turned out that after installing the environment, the first step was to install the 1.0.0 distribution. 🤦 It is a pity that this is not written in the documentation.
Badge +3

Hi aNm,

What was your problem? Did you not use the solutionset.yaml file during the installation?

I don´t understand the installation procedure….

If in the initial installation you do not put solutionset.yaml everything is installed as TRUE and it installs all the Kubs that you do not need (for example in my case Maintenix)…

How is this fixed and what is the correct procedure?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi aNm,

What was your problem? Did you not use the solutionset.yaml file during the installation?

I don´t understand the installation procedure….

If in the initial installation you do not put solutionset.yaml everything is installed as TRUE and it installs all the Kubs that you do not need (for example in my case Maintenix)…

How is this fixed and what is the correct procedure?

Thanks!

Hi!

I used the solutionset.yaml in every installation. But if U just install with build-home archive, even with the solutionset.yaml file, U will get all components installed and TRUE… etc

U need to install 0 delivery (1.0.0). It will fix all this stuff.

Maybe it was just an issue of 22.2.3 version.