Question

Installation Excel Addin for Migration Error

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

When trying to use the Excel Migration in IFS10 no problem. Next I had to downgrade the version (to IFS9) so it could work for  another customer. No problems there.

Next I wanted to install the IFS10 version again, so I removed the Add-in from the Excel Options:

So nothing available anymore.

Next I opened the add-in page to install it for the IFS10 version:

Next I get the following message:

Anyone an idea what to do?

Hyperlink to IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in leads to IFS main website.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @eqbstal,

Please see if you can still find the add-in under Apps and Features in Windows and uninstall it from there as well.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Didn't know there was something in Add/Remove programs. I did the steps - removed the programs.

I restarted my laptop. Now it shows the following:

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @eqbstal,

Looks like a caching or a registry key issue. Please have a look at below thread and try those steps as well:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/833889bb-4a31-4689-8b60-915996c87407/systemargumentoutofrangeexception-specified-argument-was-out-of-the-range-of-valid-values?forum=vsto

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Charith,

Thanks for thinking with me. I checked the site. I see that the idea is to create a new certificate. Nice, but I have no clue how to do that.

In the meanwhile I've deleted HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSTO\SolutionMetadata from the registry. Tried to install: same result entryValue error.

I uninstalled Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime. Installed it again and after that installed the add in again: same result entryValue error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

After previous steps I realized, maybe a restart of laptop might help. No still same error.