Solved

Initiating a prepare database - Help

Badge +2

Hi all,

Is there anyone who can provide me the all steps to Initiate a prepare database for IFS 10

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Ben Monroe 7 May 2024, 22:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Sayuru,

Here is the documentation on the topic. Please refer to “4. Prepare Database” in particular.
Please let us know if anything is unclear or if further assistance is required.

Best regards -- Ben

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Makes me sad when i see people asking about making new installs of Apps10 - Apps10 is old and in maintenance only... IFS Cloud has be out since 2021… and is where new stuff happens.

Badge +2

Hi Sayuru,

Here is the documentation on the topic. Please refer to “4. Prepare Database” in particular.
Please let us know if anything is unclear or if further assistance is required.

Best regards -- Ben

Thank you so much for this Ben Monroe 😀

Badge +2

Makes me sad when i see people asking about making new installs of Apps10 - Apps10 is old and in maintenance only... IFS Cloud has be out since 2021… and is where new stuff happens.

Thank you for your input. While I appreciate your perspective, it's important to note that not all users or organizations immediately transition to the latest versions of software. In many cases, there are valid reasons for sticking with older versions, such as compatibility with existing systems, familiarity for users, or budget constraints.

Furthermore, it's worth mentioning that just because a new version is available doesn't necessarily mean it's the right fit for everyone. Each organization has its own unique requirements and considerations when it comes to software upgrades.

Additionally, while IFS Cloud may indeed offer new features and functionalities, that doesn't diminish the value or relevance of Apps10 for those who are currently using it. Apps10 still serves a purpose for many users and continues to receive maintenance and support from the provider.

Ultimately, the decision to upgrade or transition to a new version of software should be based on careful evaluation of factors such as business needs, costs, and potential benefits, rather than simply following the latest trends.