Solved

Import permission set error

• 16 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi 

For the last 3 years I have looked after creating and modifying permission sets. We have 4 non-Prod environments and 1 Prod environment. All are at the same IFS version which is:

Mods are always done on one of the non-prod instances. Once tested and approved, they are imported into PROD (after making a backup export of the existing PROD permission)

I have never had any issues importing until the last month or two. A successful import now is hit and miss. More often than not, I am getting this error:

I am logged in with my own login id with IFS_Full permission. Nothing on that side has changed. Typically, if I try importing the original permission back in, it works. Then if I try the modified version again, it will work.

But today I was not able to import the previous version,, got the same error. I logged in as IFSAPP, got the same error. I shut everything down, restarted my computer and was able to import the original as IFSAPP.

Any ideas what might be causing this or what I could check? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Lorraine

icon

Best answer by NickPorter 17 March 2022, 13:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @MDGLBURNS

It looks like some server alert log setting (Solution Manager\Monitoring\Server Alert Log Categories) are on.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I had the same thing on occasion, and it seems to happen with larger permission sets.

There appear to be 2 ways to get around this: 

1. Re-import the same file again with the merge option.  This will also be faster as it should now only import the  parts that were not imported successfully the first time.  Don’t clean up before you do so - you want the partially imported version to remain in place.
  2. Export as an SQL file instead of the XML version and import using command line

HTH,

Nick