Question

IFSAPP not responding when try to view media attachments

• 3 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

We are using MediaLibrary for expensedetail LU.

When we try to view media attachments, the IFS application gets stuck and it will automatically solve within 55 - 60 seconds.

When there are more expense sheets to check, waiting 60 seconds to return the application to a stable state will not work.

Does anyone familiar with a similar situation or have any idea to solve this, please?

Thank you in Advance!

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

What does debug console show during this time?

Badge +14

Hi @knepiosko, Thank you for looking into this.

When the debug console is set to Application, it won’t fetch anything in the console. But we can see the following in the debug console if we set it for the framework.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I think you should contact support to get someone to help you look at this. When you do, please specify as much information you can about the volumes of data you have. How many media items, how many items are connected per object, how many objects, and so on. Also, if our support is allowed to run queries on the data, it will be easier to find the culprit.

Good luck!

Badge +14

Hi @Mathias Dahl,  Thank you for your suggestion and I have created an IFS support case to get further assistance.
I will update this post once we get more information.
Thanks again!

Badge +14

And just thought to mention that we have this issue even when there is only one media item for each expense line under the expenses tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

And just thought to mention that we have this issue even when there is only one media item for each expense line under the expenses tab.

It's useful information. The total amount of media items can also affect performance. There is simply more data for Oracle to go through.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @MitDenukN

I am not really sure if this will help You but try to applying patches: 165548 and 165557. I spent a lot of time with similar issue and  as a result of my investigation above patches were released.