Solved

IFS9 Asynchronous Response to PLSQL

• 1 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, 

I’m trying to use the Asynchronous Response in Routing Rule under IFS Connect to jump to a PL/SQL function. Is it possible in IFS9 update 11?

From the link below I see that it’s possible in some version but I can’t find the exact same page in our documentation so I assumed that one is for apps10? 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/050_development/024_integration/015_connect/025_plsql_methods/default.htm

For Inbound message flows it is possibly to define directly a PL/SQ method instead of BizAPI using the PL/SQL Routing Address type. 

I don’t have that option when creating a Routing address.

Is there maybe another way around it? (we are accessing credit-score information using API and depending on the response we want to update credit limit, expire customer, notify salesman etc)

Best regard,

Johannes Roos

icon

Best answer by Manoj Ruwanhewa 7 October 2021, 00:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge +15

Hi @Johannes.roos ,

Latest IFSAPP10 has allowed to directly define a PL/SQL method instead of BizAPI using the PL/SQL Routing Address type. 

When you create a new routing address, Destination type dropdown has below option

Once it is selected, as mentioned in the documentation there is a field, where you can directly set the plsql API method.

Compare to this, you can't find such information in the IFS documentation for APP9 and older versions.

Below are the options available in APP9 UPD17 latest version.

In APP9 you can invoke asynchronous calls as BizAPIs

To invoke a bizapi asynchronously the method “plsqlap_server_api.Post_Outbound_BizAPI” can be used and bizapi must have been deployed in IFS Application server.

As per my understanding APP9 does not have a configuration level workaround for your requirement.

Hope this information will help you.

If this solves your question, kindly mark it as Best Answer as it will help other members in the community.

Best Regards

Manoj