Question

IFS Report Designer - Last Page Footer Size

• 11 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I’m using IFS Report Designer 20.02.0002 in an Apps 10 environment.  

If I have a different Page Footer on my Last Page, can that Page Footer be a different size than the one on my Repeating Page?  I’d like my Repeating Page Footer to be 1.5 cm and my Last Page Footer to be 3 cm. 

The tool allows me to do this by initially setting the Repeating Page Footer to 3 cm.  The 3 cm is defaulted into the size for the Last Page Footer if I open the Page Settings and then close it.  I can then go back to my Repeating Page and switch the size to 1.5 cm.  I’ve confirmed the sizes are evident in the xml for the rdl when viewing in Notepad++.

The issue is when I deploy and print the report, it looks to me like the Last Page Footer is trimmed down to 1.5 cm of available space, not the full 3 cm.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Tracy Norwillo,

In Report Designer tool, if the content is a block container, then the size is static, and the height will not grow. You need to increase the height of the container. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@ashen_malaka_ranasinghe  I’m going to add some pictures to clarify what I’m asking.

I have a Repeat Page with a Repeating Footer set to 1.5 cm.

I have a Last Page where I have the footer set to 4 cm.   I did this by initially setting the Repeat Page to 4 cm.  The value of 4 cm was defaulted into the Last Page Page Footer.  I then went back and adjusted the Repeating page to 1.5 cm.

I removed the table from my Last Footer container and just left it with a red background color.

I can see that there are no visible properties for Last Footer in the Report Designer tool, but if I check the xml, it does show the different sizes.

If I print the report, the last page footer is not the full 4 cm, and it gets jammed to the bottom and cut off. So what’s the intended functionality of the footers? 

Should I be able to have two different sizes?