Question

IFS_QUERY_TIMEOUT setting

• 8 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

What is the right way to set the IFS_QUERY_TIMEOUT to not change when a pod is restarted.

I see below in documentation, but i’m not sure exactly how to do this, and when.

At the moment we have tried in ifscloud-values.yaml, is this right?:
ifsappconnect:
  connectQueryTimeout: 60
  queryTimeout: 60

IFS_QUERY_TIMEOUT 5m Default timeout for data retrieving requests.
Supports 10h10m10s format. Should be less than or equal to IFS_MAX_QUERY_TIMEOUT.
Overrides the general timeout specified by IFS_STATEMENT_TIMEOUT for data retriving requests. (can also be set via ifsappodata.queryTimeout installation parameter)
  • If not set then 30 seconds. Default timeout value specified for a data retriening request is set as 5 minutes.
  • If other: default timeout for a data retrieving request will be changed according to this value.
Yes
Not Recommended

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@Malin Norgren Which version is this in?

In 22R2 the change we needed for this was part of the odata config, which is configured in the relevant yaml file (e.g. custom-values.yaml).  When restarting the pods if you have a non-standard yaml file name you need to explicitly include the path+file in the command line, but if it is in the standard IFS filename I think it will pick up the file by default.

For reference, here’s our 22R2 config that was added to extend the user query timeout:

ifsappodata:

queryTimeout: 899s

maxQueryTimeout: 15m

HTH,

Nick

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

23R1.

Yes i tried that and it sets it for Odata pod. WHat about the connect pod?

When i describe the odata pod, i see the 60 i added.

WHen i describe the connect pod, i still see 30.

Environment:
      RELEASE:             23.1
      SERVICE_UPDATE:      23.1.6
      INSTALLATIONID:      INGDEV
      DEPLOYMENTMODEL:     REMOTE
      NAMESPACE:           hiimintdev
      IFS_DOMAIN_NAME:     https://dus1k8s155.corpnet.ifsworld.com
      IFS_JAVA_OPTS:       -XX:MaxRAMPercentage=83.0 -XX:InitialRAMPercentage=83.0 -XX:+UseContainerSupport -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow
      IFS_MAX_POOL_SIZE:   50
      IFS_BKG_VALIDATION:  1000
      IFS_QUERY_TIMEOUT:   30

How do i get the ifsconnect pod to change to 60?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You don’t have any unit of measure on it… perhaps that’s the difference?  As you can see in my example I can define it as seconds or minutes using s or m but you don’t have either.  I’m not sure whether that will parse correctly without.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

It works fine for the Odata pod. But not for the Connect pod. 

From my ifscloud-values.yaml

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

IFS Connect PL/SQL query timeout parameter (IFS_QUERY_TIMEOUT) is exposed to custom_values.yaml as connectQueryTimeout from 23R1SU7 onwards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Refer: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/070_remote_deploy/010_installing_fresh_system/200_installing_ifs_cloud/035_ifs_cloud_ifsinstaller/030_installation_parameters/#parameters_for_connect