Question

IFS Print Agent Installation Error

• 23 November 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

When I try to Install Service I am getting the following error:

The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed.  Configuration system failed to initialize.

Then when I Uninstall the service, I get this error:

Failed to Unregister! Configuration system failed to initialize. Unrecognized configuration section startup.  (C:\IFSPRINTAgent_IFSPROD\IFSPrintAgent.exe.Config line 3)

This is the contents of the IFSPrintAgent.exe.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <startup> 
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5"/>
    </startup>
    <runtime>
       <gcAllowVeryLargeObjects enabled="true" />
    </runtime>
</configuration>

This looks identical to all other IFS print Agent installs.  Even so I have copied over from a different IFSPrint Agent and retried.  ( I believe I have 6 other IFS Print Agent Installs that are running but I haven’t installed a new agent in over a year.)

The IFSPAService… log file has this error:
Configuration system failed to initialize
Unrecognized configuration section startup. (C:\IFSPrintAgent_IFSPROD\IFSPrintAgent.exe.Config line 3)

We are using the .NET version.  I have tried from the download browser page and from copying the zip from the middleware server and from copying a zip used to install it on one of my other print agent servers.

.NET version 4.8 is installed on this computer.  We are running IFS Apps 10 UPD 15.   IFSPrint agent account is a domain account and is added to the local administrators group and the local print operators group.  The domain account is allowed to run as a service on our domain.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!