Question

IFS Notify Me App Crashing without Warning at Synchronization/Initiation

• 18 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

For one of our customers who is on IFS Cloud, IFS Notify Me app had been set up and trialled for the past few weeks which worked fine. However, since a few days ago, when logging into the app, it crashes when it starts to sync. This happens without any warning and the app just simply closes off.

All environments (both prod and non-prod) have this issue. The internal IT team has verified that no changes to the network or the servers have been carried out lately. The issue does not exist in other customers’ environments.

Has anyone experienced this issue or something similar? Any hunches on what may be going on / remedies to try out?

Thanks in Advance!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Sudara what is the version of Notify Me that they run? The latest version is 24.3.1173.0 so I’d recommend that they take that update too, if not already taken.

Also useful to know what platform they experienced this with.

If they still see the same behaviour even with the latest version, please dispatch a support ticket and remember to include the Device Logs and also some indications of when the issue happened so that we can understand what happened around then.

Best regards,

Rukmal

Badge +1

Hi @Rukmal Fernando

Thanks very much for the prompt response.

It’s version 24.3.1173.0. Can you please elaborate a bit more on what you mean by the platform? I have tested and verified it happens with both Windows and iPhone.

Another question is; Where can I find the device logs to include in the support case?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Sudara,

In terms of platform, it’s good to know that you managed to recreate this on both Windows and iPhone, but would you also be able to test with the latest Android version too please?

The device logs are in the Settings menu > Send Device Logs.

Please also share the logs via a personal message with me and I can take a quick look.

Best regards,

Rukmal

Badge +1

Thanks very much Rukmal, will message you. 

Badge +1

The issue was solved by a restart of the middle tier server. It seems that the issue was caused by one of the server pods.