Solved

IFS LOBBY PAGE MULTIPLE SITES

• 5 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if it was possible to be able to pull multiple sites from the lobby filter, i have a inventory elelement and right now i can filter one site at a time, and it loads into my element correctly, was wondering if there was a way to be able to add multiple site codes and have all those load into the elemenet.

This is something i am just testing so i dont have to have multiple lobbies for each individual. if its not possible it is not a big deal. Thank you for any time and help you can provide

Lobby FIlter i want to have multiple sites on

Lobby Element Sites would load To

Current Element SQL

icon

Best answer by NickPorter 5 March 2021, 22:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

If the Site value is free text to be entered, I think you can enter multiple values with a separator, but the exact syntax is eluding me as I try to check with a similar example here.

Nick

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It is eluding me as well, when ever it seems so simple it is so hard ha ha ha

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I can get it to work when using an IN( ) statement, for example:

Parameter value entered: 12,13

Data Source condition is: company in($COMPANY$) AND objstate <> 'Paid' AND cancelled <> 'TRUE' AND  ….<blah>

This will return relevant results for both company 12 and 13.

I would think you could adjust your code to function similarly.

HTH,

Nick

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I have it written like this

CONTRACT IN ('$SITE$') and

But this is what i get from my element when i try to put C0158,C0152 on the lobby page

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Syntactically that will be resolving into IN (‘C0158,C0152’) which is really just a single value in the quotes.

If they were just numbers you would drop the ‘ character completely (which is what I have in my example).  That may not work for a list of values that are text strings but you could try it.

A simple workaround would be to enter the values as ‘C0158’,’C0152’ and also drop the ‘ in the expression that you have coded, so that it resolves to IN (‘C0158’,’C0152’) and will likely parse as you intend.  Its a little clunky and there may be a better syntax but this should work for you

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

thank you looks like it will work for what i am trying to do. Thank you again

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Rpauley,

i would like to suggest you that you can use below code in data source where you can pass multiple site with comma separated. hope it will addressed your query.

AND CONTRACT IN ( select regexp_substr('$SITE$','[^,]+', 1, level) from dual
    connect by regexp_substr('$SITE$', '[^,]+', 1, level) is not null )

Regards,

Ashok