Solved

IFS Cloud SQL quick report with custom field

• 20 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am currently trying to run a quick report that has a custom field in the report. I have a simple select statement (select * from ifsapp.business_lead_cfv) but this does not show the custom field listed. 

The entity BusinessLead has a custom field that is enabled to show on reports, and it’s value is a reference to the CustomerInfo entity, that has a custom field which is also enabled to show on reports.

I can pull the referenced custom field by doing (select cf$_sic_code from ifsapp.business_lead_cfv) but I’m wondering why it wont automatically list the custom field when doing the same prompt but for customer_info_cfv actually pulls the custom field column...

icon

Best answer by eqbstal 22 January 2023, 19:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I've noticed that in some situations on QR I had to check/recheck the columns that are available. Do you see the expected custom field over there? You mentioned a referenced field, maybe that is causing the problem and you need to have the business_lead and view to referenced field to connect (so basically what cfv should do). I know it is not what you want, but it gives the wanted values in the list and that is what the end-user expects.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@eqbstal Hello, yes that was the solution to my issue. I had to check and add those columns back into the quick report. The list view has a limited number of columns you can list, while the grid view does not, and includes a sliding bar. Thanks