Skip to main content

Hello,

In 23R2, we are using Crystal reports within Quick reports with Parameters.

In IEE (IFS9)  the reports works fine and i get parameters when i execute the report. But in 23R2 error is coming. “Error 500: java.lang.NullPointerException”

any suggestions are welcome

regards

Pankaj

Hi,

we have same problem :-(

@paguin Have you reported as a case to IFS Support?

Best regards

Daniel

Hello @cdcdaniek ,

will update you as soon as I have any reply

REgards

Pankaj

Hello @cdcdaniek ,

This is done.

Following is the link which i followed 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/010_setup_cws/#prerequisites

Did following - Crystal web services on IIS will Server need SSL Certificate to be configured. the SSL should be created for the machine where CWS is installed. (I used WMS for the CWS) 

One the same is configured. On ifsCloud-values.yaml file did following

1. Added crysal port - 443
  2. added path of SSL Certificate added on IIS as mine was self signed certificate in ifsappodata:  
      replicas: 2
      certificates:
        myselfsignedcert: c:\<environment>\ifsroot\config\certs\<SSL Cert>
  3. added new entry for crystal reports

ifsappreportingcr:  

replicas: 1
   minMemory: 2800
   certificates:

ifsappreporting:  
  replicas: 2
  certificates:

Ran mtinstaller again. the same worked.

Let me know if you need any further info in the same. 

regards

Pankaj

Hello All @cdcdaniek ,

This did the trick. it increased the memory of the pod

ifsappreportingcr:  

replicas: 1
   minMemory: 2800

REgards

Pankaj

Hi @paguin ,

great, increasing really helped! Thanks a lot...

During tests we have also discovered the problem with parameter name. It must be uppercase otherwise report fails with other 500 error (Error 500: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0).

Best regards

Daniel

@cdcdaniek 

great 

thanks for sharing 

Can I ask you to clarify?  You say you are passing parameters from a page to a crystal quick report?  My understanding and testing with our 23R2 is this does not work.  The parameter prompts are empty.  We have only been able to pass parameters to crystal operational reports.  Another thread states that parameter passing to crystal quick reports will not be supported until 25R1.

Can you please confirm you are able to pass parameters to crystal quick reports.

We were testing to run crystal quick report with parameters only from Reporting ad-hoc - Quick reports page, not like Custom Command with mapped parameters.

I found this thread:
https://community.ifs.com/products-manufacturing-products-engineering-40/passing-parameters-to-crystal-report-in-aurena-39268?tid=39268&fid=40

Although it is now possible to create a Command to ExecuteQuickReport and select Crystal Report as the report type, it is not possible to map parameters from the page to the report, because "currently this is available for SQL Quick Reports only" (from IFS tech. documentation). And by this topic:

mapping parameters for Crystal Ad Hoc Reports is allegedly planned for the 25R1 Cloud Release.