Solved

IFS Cloud 22R2 installation issue (ORA-28009: connection as SYS should be as SYSDBA or SYSOPER)

• 6 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi 

When I try to execute the CMD of IFS Cloud 22R2 DB installation, a connection error was shown as below. I have completed the pre-installation (eg. Oracle installation).  Did I miss something.

CMD: .\installer.cmd --set action=dbinstaller --values ifscloud-values.yaml --values solutionset.yaml --set dbInstaller.sysPassword=******

Error:  ORA-28009: connection as SYS should be as SYSDBA or SYSOPER

Thanks & Best regards

icon

Best answer by Shirantha Herath 6 January 2023, 13:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @peak0610 ,

I've not installed IFS Cloud yet but the error indicates you need to login as SYS but elevate the user to SYSDBA.  When I have to login as SYS and elevate to SYSDBA I login using SYS as SYSDBA where I specify the username then enter my password.   So I suspect you need to use SYS as SYSDBA wherever you put the user SYS.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @william.klotz 

Thanks for your kind reply.

In order to elevate to SYSDBA, I tried to modify the CMD as below, it’s successful. Thanks so much!

CMD: .\installer.cmd --set action=dbinstaller --values ifscloud-values.yaml --values solutionset.yaml --set dbInstaller.sysPassword=******  --set dbInstaller.connectRole=SYSDBA

Thanks & Best regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @peak0610 ,

Please append the below installation parameters to the command.

--dbInstaller.sysPassword=****  --set dbInstaller.connectRole=SYSDBA

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

--set dbInstaller.connectRole=SYSDBA should work in this case but just wondering if you try to connect to the database from SYS user outside the DB server from sqlplus or plsql developer are you getting the same issue?