Solved

IFS Business Reporter Parameters

• 23 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I have written a IAL and quick information source has been created using IAL. Data from IAL looks like below .

Above 5 fields are parameters of the report and as you can see in above screen shot SITE, BUYER_CODE and PROJECT_ID can be null.

If user only enters COMPANY and TEMPLATE_ID as parameters (leaving site, buyer_code and project_id blank), I want to query records WHERE company = ‘XX’ and template_id = ‘YY’. But if user enters value for other 3, then that parameter should also be included in the WHERE clause (e.g if value for site is entered, query records WHERE company = ‘XX’ and template_id = ‘YY’ AND site = ‘ZZ’).

How can this be done? Currently if I enter company and template_id only as parameters, it is not returning any data to the report.

Help is much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Thiwanka Sandaruwan 23 February 2022, 12:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @shewa ,

You can create multi-value parameters for the site, buyer_code and project_id fields using the defauld value as ALL. Then it will fetch all the values for them If user only enters COMPANY and TEMPLATE_ID as parameters.  If user wants to filter by site, buyer_code and project_id fields they can use the required value instead of the default value.

Example:

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @shewa ,

You can create multi-value parameters for the site, buyer_code and project_id fields using the defauld value as ALL. Then it will fetch all the values for them If user only enters COMPANY and TEMPLATE_ID as parameters.  If user wants to filter by site, buyer_code and project_id fields they can use the required value instead of the default value.

Example:

Best Regards,

Thiwanka

Thank you very much. This saved me!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

Does the Default Value of ALL work for any parameters?

I have a Report with a Parameter based on Code Part E. Some financial transactions have a Code Part E, but some do not have one specified (it is null). 

I am trying to set a Default Value which includes all values (ie both those with Code E, and those where it is null).

I have created the Parameter and associated Filter as follows:

When I run the report using the default value, no data is returned. When I manually enter one particular Code E, then the report does run with only that data returned.

Thanks,
Chris

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi all,

Just to confirm that the problem I was encountering above was due to a System Parameter:

Many thanks to a colleague for pointing me in the direction of this.

Thanks,
Chris​​​​​​​