Question

IFS APPS: Cannot connect to OData

• 10 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 1 reply

Good day madam or sir,

I am figuring out how I can make a connection with IFS through OData.

Environment Setup

1. It is a IFS APPS 10.6 demo license, installed on a VPS.
  2. I have created a user with full admin level, just like the ifsapp user.
  3. Windows Server 2016 Standard, version 1607.
  4. Windows Firewall: The port 48080 inbound and outbound rules are open / set to allow.
  5. There is no IIS installed.
  6. It is accessed via an IP address.
  7. And it is accessed via the same address that is added to the Windows hosts file with a name like: “https://aname-vps:48080”.

Test Result

I have been able to create a new access token with help of Postman when I access it via the hosts file entry. When applying the token, I am receiving “Error 401--Unauthorized” or “403 Forbidden”.

The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include
a WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.46) containing a challenge applicable to the
requested resource. The client MAY repeat the request with a suitable Authorization
header field (section 14.8). If the request already included Authorization credentials,
then the 401 response indicates that authorization has been refused for those
credentials. If the 401 response contains the same challenge as the prior response, and
the user agent has already attempted authentication at least once, then the user SHOULD
be presented the entity that was given in the response, since that entity MAY include
relevant diagnostic information. HTTP access authentication is explained in section 11.

When I am directly trying to access it via the IP address, then I am receiving this:

403 Forbidden”.

You don't have permission to access /main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/AllProjections.svc$openapi on this server.

I do not know what to do next to resolve this. Do you have one or more ideas?

Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,

Joko Zwarteveen

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hello,

I don’t think it’s possible to access the /main/ cluster from outside (postman).

Try requesting the /int/ cluster.  However, I don’t think that is available in UPD 6 because you don’t have the API Explorer tool which allows you to make /int/ resources accessible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @jokoz ,

I also struggled with this and didn’t get to work so did some sniffing. Seems main application is secured with JSESSIONID cookie which is created upon logon and you need to have is to call a main projection.

Postman has a nice feature called Interceptor where you can capture the requests as well as cookies.

I’ve created below blog post on how to use the Postman to call projection in main application. Hope it will help you.

https://dsj23.me/2020/07/15/capturing-ifs-aurena-requests-using-postman/ 

Cheers!

Damith

Badge +2

Thank you for the answers! I am planning on trying this later on.