Question

IFS App10 IEE ADFS login fails when UPN is in mixed case

• 18 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

We have users in active directory who have their UPN in camel case. ADFS login for IFS doesn’t work for these users.

We see that directory ID in User should be the upn but it is forced to uppercase in IFS. for example:

active directory UserPrincipleName : userName@domain.com

in IFS directory ID: USERNAME@DOMAIN.COM

our observation is that users with UPN in all lowercase in active directory can login without an issue. 

Does IFS not support UPNs in mixed case? 

any way to transform it in IFS so this doesn’t become a problem when authenticating and not satisfying the Claim Rule Set?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

The limitation in IFS is - as you noted - that the value is entered in upper case.  I believe there is a setting in the configuration that forces it to validate the value as upper case, rather than actually needing to be a true upper case value.  i.e. I don’t think that all of our users really have upn in upper case in AD, but we do not have this issue even though the setting in IFS is upper as required.

In our case we use Azure AD so you may be slightly different, but it is working for us.  Double check your AD setup and the IFS config documentation to see if you can find something missing that would force the check to use upper case.

If I get time I will try to see if I can find it here but that may not be soon

Nick