Question

IFS 10 Aurena language translation not updating

• 22 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have a message text in Aurena that I want to translate to Finnish language. It is a warning text that is shown on an Assistant dialog when I cancel a purchase order line that was generated from a purchase requisition line.

I can find the message in Text Translations and enter a Finnish translation:

However, when I refresh the language cache (for the whole PURCH component and fi language), the translation does not appear in Aurena when I use Finnish language:

Anything else I need to do to refresh the translations in Aurena? I’ve come across the situation that for pages where there is custom objects added, only after I have unpublished and republished a page configuration Aurena in Page Designer, then the new translation is updated to the page. However, this Cancel Purchase Order Lines assistant is a default setup so there is no configuration to republish.

Is there some special thing for “Message” sub type translations, or main type “RWC”?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Main type should be :WEB” for Aurena translations. “RWC” main type is for IFS Enterprise Explorer.

Steps you have followed are correct. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Tuukka Have you resolved this by translating the message with main type “WEB” ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Tuukka Have you resolved this by translating the message with main type “WEB” ?

Unfortunately not. I wasn’t able to find this translation in main type WEB. It might be that my customer is missing some of the language translation files (or some rows in them), so the translation is impossible to enter.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Yes, you have to import correct <Component>_WEB-Core-<Language>.trs file for relevant component and language for  translations of the Aurena pages.