Solved

IAL scheduled for the last day of the month at 14:15 runs as scheduled but then every 10 mintes for 8 hours

• 2 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I scheduled an IAL to run on the last day of the month at 4:15:00 PM. (trunc(last_day(sysdate()) + 16.25/24). It started at the correct date and time, but when I look at the background jobs for the day, I find that it ran every 10 minutes after that for about 8 hours. Then it stopped.  It rescheduled itself for 11/30/2022 4:15:00 PM. You can see from the screen shot below that the last time it ran was at 12:05:27 AM on 11/1/2022.

What would cause it to continue to execute every 10 minutes for 8 hours?

What can I look at? None of the logs show any errors.

icon

Best answer by dmanuele 4 November 2022, 21:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I found what I believe to be the cause of the problem. The formula used is based on the current systdate. Once the background job executes, it reschedules itself for the same time (16:15) on the current date. The background process checks and notices the newly scheduled job has not run for today and it reruns it, which causes it to reschedule again for today. On or after midnight of the last day of the month, when the job runs again, it schedules it for the last day of the next month. This stops it from running until then.

The Solution:

The formula that does not cause this problem is based on a sysdate in the future so it does not reschedule the job for ‘today’.

last_day(trunc(add_months(SYSDATE,1))) +1-(ifsapp1.site_api.Get_Offset('site')-.25)/24