IAL alternative for Business Reports

• 19 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 36 replies

Hello Community,

On IFS Cloud documentation it is mentioned that the IAL is deprecated in IFS cloud, and will be removed in future release.

What are your thoughts for alternative option to IAL in context of creating Business reports?

We have used IALs to create Business Reports, one alternative I can think of is Custom utility package views.

We can create a Utility model and create our custom views. Then in the Quick Information Sources Draft, we can select LU and choose the custom view to create the draft.

What could be the Pros and Cons of this option, if any?

Is there any other alternative for the Business reports you can think of?

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Rohit ,

Are you looking for an alternative for Business Reporter? Did you check the feasibility of SSRS reports

Badge +3

Hi,

can anyone confirm that IAL depreciation information is still valid? I’m convinced that I read information about it in pdf file linked from page mentioned in this article a month ago. Even from 23R1 page it was available. But now I cannot find this information just to access pdf document because I stored the link:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/050_reporting/700_information_access_layer/deprecating%20information%20access%20layer%20ial%20in%2021r1.pdf

Is there any other plan for depreciation and information on the page was changed? Will be the IALs still supported? There is just information “The use of Information Access Layer (IAL) views is discouraged due to several reasons. Whenever possible it is encouraged to use other similar features ...” on the page now.

Daniel